My Life Being Renewed: Hello March!!

Hello March!!

March 8, 2015



First of all, I can't believe it is March already!! I have to say, I am loving the warmer days that we are getting every now and then and just in time for my birthday month! I for one, am looking forward to Spring- one of my favorite times of the year!

This weekend has been so busy, but fun! Friday, my boss let me off of work at noon so that I could spend time with my Mom for my birthday. For my birthday gift, my Mom brought me some organic kale and three mason jars of local raw honey that she buys from a bee farm. She knows that I love healthy foods. We had a lovely time playing scrabble + cappuccinos before heading to DSW to buy my Mom some new shoes. When I was talking with her the prior week, she mentioned her feet hurting from her arthritis + she has no arch. DSW didn't have many options for orthopedic shoes, but we did finally find her a pair that she can wear when she walks for longer periods of time. She said that the shoes helped her feet felt much better, so mission accomplished!

After the shoe store, we took my Mom to Trader Joe's for the first time, but she ended up only buying some barley and a lentil + orzo mix. We went to Newk's for dinner and ordered a large salad + a five cheese gourmet pizza to share between the three of us. I had so much fun catching up with my Mom and taking her to some new places. One of my goals is to take my Mom to the beach and also McClay Gardens since she doesn't really get out much but she always enjoys herself when she does//

Today, I have been buzzing about doing dishes, laundry, organizing the kitchen cabinets, baking vegan, organic chai cupcakes. I even cleaned out my purse and my work bag & put henna color on my hair + washed all of my makeup brushes while I listened to some encouraging Rick Warren Sermons. I am getting ready to go downstairs and start organizing the garage some more while my husband works on the siding. I love days when I can get caught up on things//

Health:
//New Mattress pad + new pillows for better neck & head support
//Green Smoothies- new vita-mix
//Researched my recent health issues & the connection with environmental toxins and thyroid gland-  I didn't start feeling bad until I stopped using my organic nail polish & switched to nail polish with chemicals (more colors available). I got the first clue when I painted my nails before I went to sleep one night &the chemicals made it hard for me to breathe + gave me a migraine. I plan on discontinuing the use of nail polish + acetone-the chemicals are making me physically sick (issues with swollen glands, fatigue and anxiety).  I am hoping that this is going to help me feel much better.
I will be doing a post soon about toxins in our environment and how they can affect your immune system.

Career:
//Excited that next week we will be having our Senior Living Expo- we have been planning for about 4 months now. I was able to create a really nice gift basket for our vendor booth for our table giveaway. I will be so relieved once I see that we have a good turnout and also once it's over so that I can stop stressing about it and relax more. Plus, I have so much work to catch up on that has been pushed to the back burner because of the expo and not having enough time.

Fun:
//I celebrated my Birthday all week- I ended up enjoying it, despite not being excited about it in the beginning// I will be posting pictures from my birthday celebrations in the next couple of days.

Travel:
//Upcoming trip to Orlando, FL- IKEA, Pottery Barn and Anthropology- three stores that are on my wish list to visit!
//Upcoming trip to Savannah, GA-My husband has school in Savannah for 1 week. I haven't been to Savannah in a long time so I am really excited to visit!


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You'll have to review the Vitamix soon! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I definitely plan on doing a review soon- the recipe book has some pretty amazing things that I can't wait to try out! :-)

    ReplyDelete