My Life Being Renewed: Something to Look Forward To..

Something to Look Forward To..

June 24, 2014


After blogging last week about being more aware of complaining less and being more thankful- things have really been going so much better! It's all about having a positive attitude! The thing is, I have always been a positive person, but understandably, I allowed myself to get drawn into an extremely negative place when I lost Roscoe- it's just taken me a little longer than most to pull myself out of the darkness that I have been in- I'm still working on it (with lots of prayer!) but I am feeling better as the days go by. The house has been a great distraction and has kept me extremely busy from getting too lost in my thoughts. I feel like it has helped me to have something to look forward to and like a good friend of mine said, it's a new start for Reggie and myself- which I think is just what we need.

In other news, the house is coming along really great! It looks like we are going to pull it all together right at the very end of our move out date!

This week:
// Finally made a decision on a paint color! We will be painting on Friday!!
// Purchase last few lights- bathroom & closet
// Finally made a decision on the wood floors & we ordered them - they were more than what we wanted to spend, but we want a quality wood & a look that we will love.
// Chose a granite contractor & he will be out to template our kitchen & bath next week
// Emailed the cabinet contractor to let him know that he can start installing cabinets on Monday

Planned for this weekend:
//Paint entire house on Friday
// Husband put up backer board in bathroom
// Go through more things & pack

Next week:
// Cabinets being installed
// Lighting being installed
// Granite contractor to template & measure (2 weeks for complete installation)

Honestly, in my mind I am already planning ahead to the week after next- hopefully, putting down tile, having the garage doors installed and maybe put up deck railing.

We may have some other good news coming up next week, but I don't want to share the details until I know for sure. One day soon, I am going to tell you all about our journey the past 7 years to present- from the place we were at to where we are now is proof that God's hand has been over us the entire time, planning out our future and guiding us into the right paths. When we were at our lowest times and things looked hopeless, it was God who came through, every time we called on him. But, that will take up an entire post, if not more, so I will save that for another day!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment