My Life Being Renewed: Spiritual Growth + Grateful//

Spiritual Growth + Grateful//

August 21, 2015



Sitting here, taking a break from doing laundry + cleaning house before we get ready to leave for our 8 day Cruise early tomorrow morning. I am feeling so grateful today, because this week has been a really good one for me. So many great things happened and I just have this feeling that some wonderful breakthroughs are about to happen in my life!!

A few things that happened to me this week + some reasons that I am grateful:

>> I met a great friend this week- sometimes you just meet that person and hit it off instantly & have that spiritual connection + same morals & level of faith- that rarely happens to me, but it did this week! I love when I can talk to someone about God & be on the same level- that's an amazing thing!

>> I made up with my sister & we talked things out, I have forgiven her for things that were done and we have met up a few times for coffee and things have been going really well. I'm excited to grow our relationship better and stronger.

>> Among all of the reasons that I am grateful, this one seems the most trite. But, it did make me really happy so I am adding it to the list. I finally fit back into a pair of my old skinny jeans! I haven't fit into these jeans for several years, so that's a pretty great way to start off my vacation!

>> Had some spiritual eye-opening things happen to me this week- Revelations really. I'm excited to keep praying and see what God has in store for my life//

>> I stood up for myself against a bully at work & didn't run away or cry like I used to- I was cornered (once again) privately (they were actually waiting on me to walk into this room so that they could attack me) and this person verbally attacked me about several things and I stood my ground, I was firm but nice at the same time and walked away. I refuse to continue to allow another person to run over me or try to bully me- I'm tired of it. I'm the nicest person until someone continues to pick at me and push me and push me. God doesn't expect for me to be a punching bag for anyone- I don't believe in retaliation, but I believe in standing up for yourself. I was so proud of myself, I can tell that I have become a much stronger Christian. "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:16

>> I have more confidence in myself  lately and I have noticed that I care less of what others think of me or if they choose to like me or not. I'm a strong Christian and I am fully dedicated to living a life devoted to God and that means that I won't be accepted by this world- I don't want to be part of things that are not of God. I want to find more like-minded Christians that truly believe in God and live dedicated to him and don't put limits on what he can do. My faith in God is huge- in my eyes he can do anything that I believe and pray for. God is so amazing- He is the most wonderful presence in my life- I refuse to live without him- I couldn't and wouldn't want to face this world on my own//

I am excited for things that God is bringing into my life- I feel the seasons changing- just a small shift, but I have been feeling it lately. This vacation has come at the perfect time in my life- I need a break to get away and just pray and talk to God. I am so excited to just relax and not worry about things. I will be back in about 10 or so days from now to blog all about my trip!! See you then!


What are some blessings that have happened to you lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment