My Life Being Renewed: Hello May!

Hello May!

May 4, 2015




Hi Lovelies, can you believe that it's May already? I'm astounded by how fast this year has flown by, but also content that I have been able to accomplish so many things and yet, also have some fun at the same time. Let's do a look-back at 2015 so far, shall we?

House
//Cleaned out half of the garage and donated 2 truckloads of things to a local charity 
//Wood Floors are finished
//Painted the remaining 3 interior Doors
//Two Doors are framed out with trim and molding
//House Insurance finally all straightened out
//Bought new furniture at IKEA, kitchen rug, bathroom mirror, bedroom dresser
//Husband installed closet shelving and second tier clothing rack
//Hardi-board siding is 3/4 way finished
Work Life
//Stopped bringing work stress home-better home life
//Held a successful 2nd Annual Senior Living Expo
//Celebrated 2-year work Anniversary
//I now leave at Noon on Fridays, which gives me time to catch up on house-work, blogging and able to relax so that I can enjoy my weekend! And now I no longer have to wait for 2 additional hours for my husband to  to pick me up//
//Lovely feed-back from clients on how I am always kind & helpful- that always makes me feel good to be appreciated.

Health
//Purchased Vita-mix
//Joined the gym, went on a Gluten-free, dairy free, soy free diet- lost 6 lbs. so far
//Purchased new mattress pad & new pillows for better support
//Eliminated remaining chemicals in my life- nail polish, acetone and plastic drink-ware
//Cut back on my alcohol intake- trying to become healthier

Fun
//Sweet Grass Dairy + Bacchus with friends
//Husband and I played scrabble 2 times this month & had cappuccinos. 
//Reading lots of great books- they know me personally at the Library:) 

Travel
Visited Savannah for an entire week- ate lots of she-crab soup, shopped till I dropped, visited Tybee Island, did lots of walking and finally ate at Lady & Son's and even met Jelly roll, Paula Deen's right hand cook//
Renewed my Passport- why do the Walgreen's staff not realize just how important a Passport photo is?? I have to look at that thing for the next 10 years! In 2025, I will be bringing my own photo, thank you very much!

New things/Adventure

Visited some new stores- Anthropology, Crate & Barrell,  Ikea, Pottery Barn, Charming Charlies. Ate at lots of new restaurants in Savannah.

Life Organization
// Joined unroll.me for free and organized my email subscriptions-one of the most amazing things that I have done this year. Having excessive emails actually overwhelms me because I feel like I need to read everything or I will miss out on something. 
//Hubby bought me a new iPhone back up charger in leopard print- I don't' know what i ever did without one!

Spiritual
I have been doing more praying about things, trying to worry less// I noticed that praying about my anxiety- I have grown stronger and some things that used to really bother me, don't even phase me now- I am in love with this new me that's not so bothered by things! I give God all of the glory! However, I am still an introvert & do not like crowds + parties & useless small talk #notfun



Self
After almost 5 months of not speaking with my sister and all of the hurt that my family has put me through- I have decided to give my sister another chance but I have set boundaries that I will not allow to be crossed this time. I won't put up with any lies, defamation of my character, passive aggression or manipulation.  I won't associate with inauthentic people any longer. I have also stopped giving so much of my love to people who are not appreciative of it- I have to protect my soul against disingenuous people// I have grown so much, I'm much stronger, I love myself so much more and most of all, I know that I am worthy of all the beautiful things that God has in store for me// No longer will I allow another person to make me feel like I am less than, not worthy, not important- if someone doesn't appreciate me, then I refuse to allow them to be part of my life.

All in all, I feel like 2015 has been an extremely successful year thus far. I am ecstatic to see what the rest of this year has in store for me.

2015 Goals:
Fun- weekend trips to the beach (para-sailing, sunset cruise, etc) 
Adventure- hot air balloon ride, helicopter, art on the beach
Trip to somewhere exotic- Belize, Antigua, St. Barts...
More time with God- listen to more online sermons, pray more
Creative side- start painting, sewing, gluten-free baked treats, music lessons
Blog- grow blog, obtain more readers, more book reviews, product reviews
Re-open my Etsy Shop
Photo-shoot with the hubby
Lose 10 more lbs- reach goal weight
Finish house- paint, shutters, trim, landscaping, front entrance gate, well house, etc.
House decor- coffee table, photos of Roscoe
Buy a more fuel-efficient vehicle
More hiking & biking in nature 

What are some of your plans & goals for 2015?


No comments:

Post a Comment