My Life Being Renewed: Reunited with Roscoe//

Reunited with Roscoe//

September 20, 2014

For those who are new to my blog, Roscoe, our dog of 15 years, passed away this past April (I wrote about it here and here) and my husband and I were beyond devastated. I would have to say, it was one of the most depressing times of our lives. I literally didn't eat for an entire week and would just break down in tears constantly. I can honestly say that I have never been so sad and in such a dark place emotionally. It now has been almost 6 months since he has been gone and we still miss him so much. 

Most people don't know that my husband and I made a decision many years ago that if something were to ever happen to Roscoe that we would have him preserved so that we could always have him by our side. The morning that he passed away, we cleaned him up, clipped his nails and drove the 3 1/2 hours to the Bear Claw Taxidermy Studio in Covington, Georgia where one of the best Taxidermists is located.

We left Roscoe with them and I prayed that they would create Roscoe exactly how we remembered him. And I have to say, today when we drove to Covington this morning (after waking up at 3:30 a.m.) to pick him up- we were amazed when we stepped into the shop and saw him for the very first time. He had that look on his face that he had often- that look of him listening to my husband & I talking and being interested in our conversations. My husband who rarely sheds a tear, even choked up a little bit..it was so strange seeing him after almost 6 months had passed.






On our way home, with Roscoe in his favorite bed, we even stopped by Roscoe's favorite place to eat- Chick Fil A and got lunch. He rode with us like he had always done when he was alive- he loved going everywhere with us and he went on so many trips and adventures with us//

We are extremely happy with how Roscoe turned out- I was nervous that I would be overwhelmed with sadness again- when we pulled up in the drive, my heart dropped into my stomach. But my husband and I were both pleasantly surprised that we actually enjoy having him here with us, a tangible presence- the only way that I know to explain it, is a feeling of comfort having him here with us and being able to see him and pet him. Now we can look at his little face everyday and watch videos of him and that gives our hearts great happiness//


No comments:

Post a Comment