My Life Being Renewed: On the Island!

On the Island!

December 9, 2016


We recently Cozumel and our first choice was to visit Tulum to see the ruins but we realized that we didn't have enough time to really enjoy the tour, the local ceynotes and beach so we opted to visit a local beach. We decided on the Money Bar after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor about the great snorkeling. Overall, it was a great spot for the price. There was no cost for admission unlike most of the beach clubs in Cozumel. I had done some research prior to the trip and found that almost every beach bar charges admission fees, ranging from $25 all the way up to over $100 with inclusive items such as food, drinks, alcohol, snorkeling, etc. Since we aren't big drinkers, we decided to go to the Money Bar instead.


We normally take a taxi but this time we decided to walk. I wouldn't suggest it, just because it was around a 4 mile walk and we weren't wearing the correct shoes for walking. We were more than happy when we were seated immediately upon arrival. We quickly ordered two margaritas which were really delicious!




Later, we ordered some guacamole & chips which was the perfect beach lunch. Their menu is in pesos but I came prepared with my pesos conversion app. That is, until mid-lunch, I showed the waiter my peso converter and he said that it wasn't correct, that the correct conversion was 16 pesos to 1 dollar. I just let it go since I was on vacation- who has time to try to figure out conversion rates?  Our total bill came out to around $31 (w/gratuity) for 3 margaritas, 1 beer and a plate of guacamole & chips, so I was pretty happy.


 





 

The hubby rented some snorkeling gear for only $10 for the set. I read on Trip Advisor that they used to charge $40 for equipment, but they must have changed it because of local competition with lower prices (there is a place right across the street that rents snorkeling equipment for $12). I honestly don't like using the mouthpieces after people, so it's on my shopping list to purchase sets to take on our next trip.

I joined the hubby for some snorkeling after some convincing from him that the water wasn't bad once you got in. Isn't that what they always say? I didn't want to miss out on the snorkeling, so I decided to brave the cold water and I'm so happy that I did, because there were beautiful fish everywhere! They were swimming all around my legs and it was pretty amazing.

All in all, we had a pretty amazing time and we got to try out a new spot in Cozumel! They also had taxis right behind the bar, so we didn't even have to wait on one. The cab ride back to the port was $12 total.  On our taxi ride back, our cab driver told us that the Sky Reef Club was another nice place to visit. For $15 admission per person, you get 1 welcome drink, a beach chair w/umbrella, snorkeling gear & a tequila tasting, so we will definitely have to try them next time.


Have you visited Cozumel before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment