My Life Being Renewed: Catching up!

Catching up!

October 4, 2015

Hi lovelies! I can't believe that it's been over 1 month since I last blogged- but life has been a little crazy for me lately. I have been working on my online shop, The Fig & Peach and honestly I have gone back and forth in my head so many times trying to decide if this is really what I want or not. It's something that I have wanted to do since I was about 20 years old, but all of the paperwork, website building, business licenses, sales tax, etc. is becoming too much for me right now. The last thing that I want to do is add extra stress in my life right now- so for now, I am taking a mental break from it just to think things through, then I will re-visit it again.

I have also been doing some cleaning up in my life; both physically and emotionally. I have sold so many things that I do not need or ever use on my local swap and shop. It has been such a great experience getting rid of things and honestly I don't even miss any of it! I just want to get down to the minimal and spend money on things that I enjoy in life, like travel, good food and coffee, adventure and less money on material things.

I finally made the decision to go and visit all of my family a couple of Sunday's ago at my Mom's house and surprisingly, it was a really lovely visit. No one was rude to my husband or myself and it was really nice not having to feel attacked or that I had to defend myself for once. Everyone was truly loving and nice and that has always been what I have wanted from my family. I want to believe that taking a long break from my family to show them that I wasn't going to allow the verbal/emotional abuse hopefully opened their eyes. For me, standing up for myself is such a huge step, mostly because I hate conflict so much. I would rather let the other person be right than have to be at odds with someone- I am more of a submissive personality and not aggressive, which tends to get me into trouble at times.


 



I've been spending so much time with my hubby lately and it's been so nice. Friday night, we grabbed a couple of movies and Mexican take-out and just relaxed. Then Saturday morning, we went to Brunch at Liam's and went shopping at the downtown sidewalk sale and picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. I love having time alone with my hubby and even after almost 20 years together, I never tire of our time together:)

On another note, I have some career changes coming soon- I have always liked working more independently behind the scenes with social media marketing, organization, scheduling, graphic design, etc. instead of on the front lines interacting with people all day. Lately, I have been looking into becoming a Virtual Assistant and I have an interview next week for a part-time position and I am both nervous and excited!

Anyhow, I need to do some more organizing and cleaning- but I will be back this week with another blog post. I promise I won't wait an entire month next time!! I hope that you are all having a lovely weekend and enjoying this beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment