My Life Being Renewed: Fit Family Lifestyles Month with a Special Guest!

Fit Family Lifestyles Month with a Special Guest!

January 22, 2014


Recently, Kendra Thornton contacted me about possibly doing a collaboration together. And of course, I said yes! Today, I'm joining up with Kendra for Fit Lifestyles Month!

Kendra Thornton is a Travel Advocate, TV spokesperson, PR businesswoman, proud wife and mama of 3. Seriously, this woman is superwoman- talk about doing it all!! She’s been quoted frequently on travel trends and issues in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, and appeared regularly on the ABC, CBS and CW networks and affiliate stations across the country to discuss travel. 

But today, Kendra will be giving us some tips on staying fit, especially helpful for those who have kids!




Fit Family Lifestyles Month

Being a mom to three young kids means there's no time for inactivity! My motto in life has always been to look good and feel even better! That’s why making an effort to stay active and to keep in shape is important to me while I am traveling with my kids. I wanted to share with you a few of my personal tips and tricks on how to stay fit while traveling.

Pre-plan Before Your Trip
Give yourself permission to enjoy your vacation and to indulge a little. Who wants to count calories while vacationing? If you plan ahead by eating healthy and exercising in the weeks leading up to your vacation, you can afford some extra treats while traveling. With a little planning, you can return from vacation without those excess pounds.

Smart Snacking
Planning is the key. Pack plenty of healthy foods to munch on. String cheese, granola bars, pretzels, fresh fruits, and homemade trail mix are good choices. You can make a healthy trail mix with nuts, raisins, dried coconut flakes, and dried fruit. Satisfy your sweet craving by tossing in some dark chocolate M&Ms.

Trade in Your Heels For Sneakers
Don't stuff your luggage with dinner outfits, business attire, and swim wear. Swap a pair of heels for sneakers. I love grabbing my sneakers and going for an early morning run or a walk on the beach.

Choose a Hotel With Accommodations
Try keeping your children's sleeping environment as close to home as possible. The goal is to recreate their usual sleep routine. Don't forget their favorite blankets, toys, books, pillows, pacifier, or sleep machine if they use one. If they feel at home, they will rest better and so will you.

Planning is the Key
Decide ahead of time what you want to accomplish on your trip. Map out those awesome hiking trails, theme parks, and outdoor museums that will let you and your kids have fun and get plenty of exercise. I am going to Disney World in a month. I know walking through the park and sweating in the Orlando heat will be a great way to get some exercise.





Celebrating Fit Family Lifestyles Month is a fun experience that I do every year with my family! We always make it a point to go ice-skating and enjoy some hot coco afterwards! I enjoyed sharing my tips for staying healthy on the road and hope you got a nice takeaway! I would love to hear how you and your family stay fit and maybe swap some traditions! 

*You can also follow Kendra on Twitter if you would like to keep in contact!



What are some ways that you and your family stay fit while traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment