My Life Being Renewed: Love Thy Neighbor...

Love Thy Neighbor...

October 16, 2012





I was hestitant about doing this blog post, because I didn't want to be negative, but then I thought...maybe someone else has previously or currently dealt with this same thing? So here goes...


People who know me, know that I've always been very compassionate and love helping others, especially the underdogs..It breaks my heart to see people go through hard times or see someone be discouraged with life. I feel like it's our job to reach out and help those who are in need..


So rewinding back to almost 2 years ago, the hubby and I have always done pretty well for ourselves, my husband worked for his father and made good money while I worked for the hospital and did okay myself. When we have had plenty, we always shared with those not doing as well and always been there to help or just be a listening ear in their hard times.


In January 2011, my husband's father passed away from cancer, not only did we have to deal with his passing, but my husband lost his job as well. We ended up leaving and putting our home up for sale and moving to see if we could find better jobs. Long story short, it's been close to 2 years and we still haven't sold our house and we haven't had the best luck on the job front, it's been rough on us but we haven't given up. God has been so good to us and I know that he has good plans for us, plans for a hope and a future..


My point of the story is, the same people that we helped get to a better place & said many prayers for, were not there for us. I watched them go on vacations & invite everyone but us, and have means to help us on the job front, but they did neither. I watched them put us down and make comments that were condescending, when all we ever did was be kind to them. I felt like they were kicking us while we were down.. I couldn't understand this when we were there for them in their time of need..I keep trying to figure out why, but I can't...I think it's because my heart works in a different way than theirs. The funny thing is, even though they have been unkind to us, I still find myself having compassion for them. It's just not in me to be mean to others..sometimes I feel like I'm too nice, if there is such a thing..

{Matthew 22:39 - Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself}



Anyone else ever gone through something like this? I would love to hear your stories..

1 comment: