My Life Being Renewed: And the Award goes to....

And the Award goes to....

October 21, 2012


 Thanks Rita for nominating me for the Liebster Award!  I was so excited because I just started this blog and I would love to meet some new blogger friends!
 
 
 
 
The Rules:

* Each Person awarded must post 11 facts about themselves
* Answer the 11 questions the nominator has set for them
* Create 11 more questions for bloggers they will nominate
* Choose 11 bloggers to nominate and link them in your post
* Let the lucky bloggers know

11 Things About Me:

1. I am extremely shy & socially awkward when I first meet someone. I have a fear of speaking in groups of people, especially new people.
2. I am obsessed with cute notebooks & making goal lists, I have them everywhere.
3. I am a serious shopaholic, I don't know how to set a limit..it's bad..
4. I love Starbucks, especially the Espresso Frappucino made with soy milk, but I love just the coffee of the day too.
 
5. I worry & get anxiety over the smallest things..but to me they are a big deal. Some of my anxieties include- afraid of the dark/someone breaking in, large crowds of people, people rejecting me/not liking me, family/dog dying.{I really want to conquer this}
 
6. I am a geek & a nerd- I love to read and learn new things all of the time

7. I am way too nice and tend to get trampled on a little bit, I've been a victim of bullying before. I know that alot of this is my fault, I have to learn to stand up for myself more.
 
8. I am extremely compassionate & get upset when anyone or anything is hurt {I cried over a hurt squirrel once & rescued a hurt opossum} I know, I know...my brothers tease me about it..

9. I love being outdoors & doing things like hiking, biking, sports, etc.

10. I want to travel the whole world, I just can't get enough!

11. I have been a raw vegan, plain vegan, vegetarian & now I am a Flexitarian- I eat chicken sometimes, eggs, etc. I really miss being raw vegan though, my skin & body tone were amazing!
 
 
Rita's Questions:

 
1. How did your blog come about?
 
Well, I had a previous blog Fit and Fabulous Life, and my life changed drastically in the past 2 years, I needed a new blog for my new life, so that's why I started My Life Being Renewed.

2. How do you grow your blog readership?
 
 I don't do well with this, the only thing that helps me to grow my readership is the fact that I love visiting other blogs and leaving comments. Other than that, not too much.

3. Do you have an idol (could be a media figure, family, friend, etc)?
 
I adore Lauren Conrad- she has such class, great style and seems like a well rounded person, oh and she is beautiful!

4. What do you do on your spare time?
 
Reading, shopping, walking, photography, baking

5. What are your favorite movies?
 
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Twilight, Jane Eyre- I love the Master, somehow I found him so hilarious..anything romantic or chick lit. Although I do watch Action movies with the hubby.

6. What is your favorite food?
 
Salad with everything in it!

7. Where do you usually shop?
 
I love vintage/thrift shopping mostly, but I also love shopping at Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, J. Crew, The Gap- I love the classics.

8. What are your top 5 played songs on your iPod?
 
Well, I'm really into contemporary Christian like Newsong, Michael W. Smith, Hillsong, but some of my other favorites include:
 
Kesha- Your Love is my Drug
Hunter Hayes- Wanted
Ellie Goulding- Lights
Carly Rae Jepsen- Call Me Maybe
Lee Brice- Hard to Love
Rihanna- Where have you been? {oops that was 6}
 

9. What is your dream job?
 
I have several- Travel Writer/Blogger, Personal Nutritionist, Anything in Fashion, Celebrity Personal Shopper..who wouldn't want to shop for a living??

10. What is your biggest fear?
 
I have a few but Speaking in front of people is my biggest fear- this has caused me to not be as successful in life as I would have liked. I also have a fear of rejection.

11. What is your favorite quote?
 
I don't think this is a quote, but I saw it on Tumblr somewhere- "When no one celebrates you, Learn to Celebrate yourself. When no one else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It's not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It's up to You. Encouragement should come from the inside." {Although it would be really nice to get these things from others, sometimes it just doesn't happen and that's when we have to be there for ourselves..}


Bloggers I'm Nominating:
 
 
 
 


Questions For My Nominees:

1. What is your best Beauty Tip?
2. Where is your fave vacay location?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. What blog tip can you share?
5. What is your fave fashion item/accessory?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7. What is on your wish list?
8. What is one thing that you love about yourself?
9. What would be your ideal dream date?
10.What is a great life lesson that you have learned?
11. What inspires/motivates you?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda!! Your new blog is adorable!
    Thanks for nominating me! I'm happy to do a post.
    P.S my blog is Skinny Chick Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Sorry about that- I corrected it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have so much in common it's scary! Loved reading all your answers Melinda:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is like the biggest compliment ever- you seem like the most awesome girl! :)

    ReplyDelete