My Life Being Renewed: Who's Your Cheerleader in Life?

Who's Your Cheerleader in Life?

April 12, 2016









I have to brag on my hubby and another example of what an amazing husband that he is to me. The other day, I had a really bad day because this girl left the most hateful review on my Amazon book. It really hurt me because it felt like she was attacking me, not my book. This passage that she wrote, shows what I am referring to: "Sophie" (the main character who is based on the author) comes across as petty, materialistic and self-absorbed. The first few chapters are essentially an extended rant about her mean boss and her inability to afford designer shoes- first world problems that are insignificant in comparison to the actual issues our society is facing." 

I was shocked and hurt. Mostly because anyone who knows me, knows that I am always giving back and helping others. I'm the least self-absorbed and petty person that you will ever know. I'm just a girl who enjoys life and yes the occasional pair of shoes or Starbucks coffee; so sue me! (Let's not forget this is a chick lit book, not historical non-fiction!)

Anyway, I was upset when my husband got home and I just didn't want to talk and told my hubby that I was going outside to take a walk. He came outside a few minutes later and started walking with me and just let me cry and vent to him. We walked for close to thirty minutes together and him just supporting me and listening was all that I needed to feel better. I'm so blessed that God placed me and my husband together. We complement each other perfectly. I uplift and respect my husband and he gives me the support and love that I need. Neither one of us received those things from our families and we give those things to each other. God knew that we needed each other when he put us together almost twenty years ago.

Sometimes, I hear people say things like broken people shouldn't look for someone to fill their void and I always find this somewhat untrue. In my personal experience, hurt/broken people need God to fill their void, first and foremost. But they also sometimes need those things that their parents, siblings, family aren't able to give to them, and for me, my husband gives me those things that I don't get from my family and I do the same for him. He uplifts me instead of tearing me down; he tells me I'm beautiful when I don't feel like it and he tells me that I'm special; unlike when I was growing up being told that I was no more special than anyone else. Everyone needs to have a cheerleader in their corner. Your cheerleader may be a group of supportive friends or your spouse, siblings or parents.

Some days when I'm feeling down and life feels overwhelming; I just remember how amazing my marriage is and I know that all of the money in the world can't buy the kind of love that my husband and I have for each other. It's what keeps me going and for me, it's my "why" in life. It's why I do everything that I do and work so hard to help make our life better.

Who's your biggest cheerleader in life?


4 comments:

  1. I think my husband is also my biggest cheerleader too. I am also blessed to have a mom and sister who cheer and urge me on in life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, that is so awesome that you have your husband and family cheering you on! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet! It's definitely a blessing to have a husband or friend or family member who supports whatever dreams you may have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, thank you! :) It truly is such a blessing to have someone in your corner:)

      Delete